ClubFEM NYC cares about the health and well-being of everyone in our community. As we learn more about COVID-19 (the disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus) and its spread in North America, we feel it’s important to put in place a few attendance guidelines when joining us at one of our classes, parties, or events. Together, we can minimize the spread of COVID-19 (and other communicable illnesses) so we can keep having healthy, kinky fun in all of our favorite venues.
We’re asking for the following:
Please Stay Home if You Feel Unwell
If you’re feeling a little bit sick — fever, coughing, problems breathing, lethargy, headaches, nausea — please stay home and rest. Symptoms of COVID-19 can begin to manifest as early as 48 hours after infection but as late as 2 weeks, and it might come off as a simple cold or flu initially. Staying home not only prevents the spread but allows your body the rest and downtime it needs. We’ll miss having you at the event but we’re looking forward to seeing you at the next one when you’re feeling better and not contagious.
If you have registered for an event and need to cancel because you’re ill, please let us know at email@example.com and we will reimburse you.
Wash Your Hands and Minimize Incidental Contact
- Upon arrival, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and throughout the course of the event.
- Substituting handshakes or hugs with fist or elbow bumps is encouraged.
- Make sure to disinfect again if you’re about to be in physical contact with someone or just finished.
- Refrain from touching your face a lot. The coronavirus is communicable through coughing and sneezing and the easiest way for it to be introduced into your body is by your hands (followed by the mouth and sexual contact).
- Many of the venues that host our events provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer which is good and has shown to be effective against this kind of virus. Please make use of it if available, but it cannot beat thorough hand washing.
Sanitize Your Space
Coronavirus can live on metal, glass, or plastic surfaces for up to 9 days and for varying lengths of time on other materials. Sanitize surfaces using disinfectants that are in line with the venue’s cleaning policy both before and after use. Use sheets if provided for fabric materials. This is standard dungeon etiquette but please make sure you are doing a thorough job, not just a cursory wipe down.
Consideration for Others
It’s not just about decreasing your chances of catching COVID-19. It’s also about ensuring that those around you aren’t put at increased risk, particularly those with compromised immune systems or other factors that make them more vulnerable. Keeping clean, covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue instead of your hand, and using approved cleaners on all play surfaces might be things you already practice but an extra effort right now helps us all.
If you know you are at a higher risk of exposure, whether from health difficulties, job obligations, or personal connections, please factor those in before attending. We want to keep risks of transmission to a minimum.
Staying informed and up-to-date with progress on COVID-19 is another important step:
- World Health Organization
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- New York City The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- New York State Department of Health
- New Jersey Department of Health
This is a severe situation still unfolding. With a little forethought, care, and prevention, we can mitigate everyone’s risk of being affected.
We would like to thank the Society of Janus for kindly giving us permission to adopt these rules and modify them for you. We all take your safety seriously and want to keep our community safe during these trying times.